How to install your Eazywallz Wall mural?
To install your Eazywallz wall mural, follow the few steps below. Note that with every order you will receive a printed version of this page.
Before you begin:
- Do not apply on vinyl or textured walls. Only apply on a flat, smooth and clean surface. For walls, we advise applying a coat of primer and a coat of paint to avoid possible residue or peel paint upon removal.
- If the surface has been freshly painted, please wait at least 1 week for the paint to fully cure. Bubbles can occur if the paint is still outgassing/flashing off. Ideal paints are white or light color with a semi-gloss or gloss finish.
- Our wall murals stick to low and no VOC paints.
- Installation is recommended no longer than 2 weeks after receipt. No warranty will be valid if installation is past 4 weeks.
- Unless you chose the "lamination" option (protective coating), only use a dry cloth or duster to clean your mural. Do not use water, soap or chemicals!
What you might need:
- A trimming tool (Xacto knife).
- A rubber or soft squeegee.
- A short ladder or step stool.
- A dry cloth.
- A measuring tape.
STEP 1: PREP YOUR WALL
Proper preparation of your wall is critical!
Repair any visible defects, smooth out bumps and patch holes to ensure your wall is smooth and flat.
If possible, remove all picture hooks, light fixtures and switch plates.
Wash of any dirt, hair, dust or residue from old wallpaper with a dry cloth or a duster. Do NOT use water to clean your wall before application.
A perfectly clean wall will help the adhesive backing to keep its stickiness if repositioning is required.
STEP 2: GETTING READY
We recommend 2 people to install your wall mural.
Open the sturdy Eazywallz packaging tube. Inside you will find your wall mural.
Look for the panel number on the back of each one. Panel#1 is the first panel on the left.
Unroll all panels and lay them flat on the floor, the printed side facing the ceiling.
You may notice creases and/or bubbles as you unroll the panels. No worries, this is normal. The creases will disappear once the mural is flattened on the wall.
If you purchased a wall mural that is smaller than your actual wall size, take the measurements of your wall to center it. Then draw a guideline, just like you would to hang a poster or framed photograph.
STEP 3: PEEL YOUR EAZYWALLZ
Peel off the liner a few inches only across the top of the first panel.
Do not peel off the entire liner all at once.
STEP 4: STICK IT!
Remember that the success of the installation will depend on properly placing the first panel.
Stick the top left corner of the panel to the top left corner of your wall. This is the easiest place to start.
Using a smoothing tool or squeegee, smooth the top of the panel onto the wall. Do not use pressure to avoid any scratches.
Peel off the rest of the panel by gradually and evenly pulling down the liner, a few inches at a time.
We recommend having another person hold the bottom of the panel as you work your way down.
Once the first panel is applied, and if necessary, remove any bubbles by gently pushing them outward with the squeegee.
STEP 5: ADDITIONAL PANELS
Start by aligning Panel#2 to Panel#1. Simply stick the panel against the edge of the first one, by matching the pattern of the mural.
Follow STEP 4 above to apply the rest of Panel#2.
Repeat the same process to apply all additional panels.
STEP 6: TRIM OVERAGE
Once all panels have been applied, SLOWLY trim all the overage with an utility knife with a sharp blade (ie: Xacto knife). Follow the edges of your wall or ceiling to do so. You can also use a ruler to cut through a straight line.
If needed, repeat this process to cut around outlets (if not removed prior to installation), fuse boxes, windows, doors, etc.
STEP 7: REMOVAL PROCESS
Slowly and gently pull the panels from the wall. Use your hand to gradually hold back the wall mural during this process.
To avoid any damage to your wall while removing, keep the wall mural as flat and parallel to the wall as possible.
We highly recommend to keep the backing liner (wax paper), so you can re-apply the wall mural to it. It will protect the adhesive from losing its stickiness and allow you to re-use your wall mural.