Good Preparation Is Key
All our wall murals are easy to install and made to last. However, a good preparation is key to ensure that you enjoy you wall mural or removable wallpaper for a very long time, as well as make the removal process easier in the future.
👍 5 Things To Do
- Remove any nails or hooks
- Patch any holes and defects
- Remove any old wall covering
- Just before the installation - if possible - remove light fixtures, switch plates and electrical outlets
- Clean your wall thoroughly with a DRY cloth
🚫 Examples Of Textured Walls
Apply On a Flat And Smooth Surface
As a general rule - and for ideal results - the surface should be as flat and smooth as possible. Do not apply your wall mural or removable wallpaper on textured walls. Only apply on a flat, smooth and clean surface. If the surface is rough or textured, you may need to float or sand it to the desired smoothness first.
Don't Forget The Primer
For walls, we advise applying a coat of primer and a coat of paint to avoid possible residue or peel paint upon removal. Apply a coat of acrylic or - even better - oil primer. Ideal paints are white or light color with a semi-gloss or gloss finish. If the surface has been freshly primed and/or painted, please wait at least a few days, even a week, for the paint to fully cure. Bubbles can occur if the paint is still outgassing/flashing off.
Tools You Might Need
- A trimming tool (Xacto knife)
- A rubber or soft squeegee
- A short ladder or step stool
- A dry cloth
- A measuring tape.